About Friends of Parks & Rec
The Friends of Ridgefield Parks & Recreation is a nonprofit organization formed in 1987 and supports the activities and facilities of the Ridgefield Parks & Recreation Department/Commission. Its mission is to provide financial assistance for special programs and projects offered by the Department/Commission.
Over the years, the Friends of Ridgefield Parks & Recreation has raised funds for many projects.
- Athletic Fields/Expansion
- Barn Youth Programs
- Baseball Field Enhancements
- CHIRP: Summer Park Concerts
- Debug Wheelchair for Special Needs
- Main Street Playground
- Out & About for Special Needs
- Richardson Park Improvements
- Spotlight Theatre
- Trees for Town
- 911 Memorial
- Ballard Park Improvements
- Governor Park
- Planting of Grown Trees in Richardson Park
- Skate Park Improvements
- Sky’s the Limit All-Inclusive Playground
Friends of Ballard Park is a project of the Friends of Ridgefield Parks & Recreation Commission, a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.